Welcome to my
/uses page where I share the tools and technologies that make my life as a full-stack developer and principal architect a little easier.
From my go-to code editor to my trusty keyboard, these are the things that help me power through my day-to-day and deliver great results.
Take a look, you might just discover something new that could help streamline your workflow too.
- Keyboard - Macally Ergonomic Keyboard - Once you get used to an ergonomic keyboard, you can code for hours in pure comfort. They're amazing.
- Mouse - Logitech MX Master 3S - Hands down the best mouse I've ever used. Logitech knows what they're doing.
MacOS Software & Tools
- Fira Code Font - Free monospaced font with programming ligatures
- Xcode Command Line Tools - For Git. Try running
git in the terminal, it should prompt to install.
- Homebrew - Package Manager for macOS
- Zsh - Unix shell that can be used as an interactive login shell and as a command interpreter for shell scripting.
- Oh My Zsh - A delightful, open source, community-driven framework for managing your Zsh configuration.
- VS Code - Code editor redefined and optimized for building and debugging modern web and cloud applications.
- iTerm2 - iTerm2 is a replacement for Terminal and the successor to iTerm.
- I use the
Fira Code font with ligatures enabled in preferences
- nvm - Node Version Manager
- Lightshot - The fastest way to take a customizable screenshot
- Kap - An open-source screen recorder built with web technology.
- Spectacle - Move and resize windows with ease
- Dropbox - Cloud storage. Team uses this on occasion to share files.
- VLC - Free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files, and various streaming protocols.
VS Code Extensions
- Better Comments - Improve your code commenting by annotating with alert, informational, TODOs, and more!
- Better TOML - Better TOML Language support
- Code Spell Checker - Spelling checker for source code
- GitLens — Git supercharged - Supercharge the Git capabilities built into Visual Studio Code
- Gremlins tracker - Reveals some characters that can be harmful because they are invisible or looking like legitimate ones.
- IntelliCode - AI-assisted development
- Markdown All in One - All you need to write Markdown (keyboard shortcuts, table of contents, auto preview and more)
- Prettier - Code formatter using prettier
- YAML - YAML Language Support by Red Hat, with built-in Kubernetes syntax support
Web Dev Extensions
- Apollo GraphQL - Rich editor support for GraphQL client and server development that seamlessly integrates with the Apollo platform
- Firebase - Firestore Security Rules syntax highlighting
- Import Cost - Display import/require package size in the editor
- IntelliSense for CSS class names in HTML - CSS class name completion for the HTML class attribute based on the definitions found in your workspace.
- MDX - Language support for MDX
- npm Intellisense - Visual Studio Code plugin that autocompletes npm modules in import statements.
- npm - npm support for VS Code
- Path Intellisense - Visual Studio Code plugin that autocompletes filenames
- React-Bootstrap Snippets - Code snippets for React-Bootstrap (authored by yours truly!)
- vscode-styled-components - Syntax highlighting for styled-components
Technologies & Frameworks
- Bootstrap - World's most popular front-end component library
- Bootswatch - Free themes for Bootstrap
- ESLint - ESLint statically analyzes your code to quickly find problems
- Gatsby - React-based, GraphQL powered, static site generator
- Google Firebase - Backend-as-a-service
- Jamstack - Decouple the web experience layer from data and business logic
- Netlify - All-in-one platform for modern web projects. Build, test, and deploy globally
- Prettier - An opinionated code formatter that supports many languages and formats code on save
- React-Bootstrap - The most popular front-end framework rebuilt for React
- Sentry.io - Full-stack error tracking system for web applications
Productivity & Communication
- Evernote - Notetaking app
- Notion - Productivity and note-taking app
- ProtonMail - End-to-end encrypted email service located in a secure facility 1 km under a mountain in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Slack - Place for team to communicate
- TickTick - Task management app that helps you stay organized
- React Kindling - 🔥 A template to build, test, and share React components and hooks easily.
- - 😎 Awesome lists about all kinds of interesting topics
- uses.tech - A list of
/uses pages detailing developer setups, gear, software and configs.
Want to see what I've built? Check out the projects I've proudly published.